Soothing Oatmeal Mask
One of the best ways to soak up oil from the skin is to use oatmeal as a mask. Its absorbant qualities quickly reduce excess sebum production, leaving your complexion smooth, bright, and matte looking. Oatmeal is also very moisturizing, so it tricks oily skin into producing less. Using an oatmeal face mask will reduce irritation and redness and soothe inflamed, angry looking acne breakouts.
Oatmeal’s use in skin care dates back hundreds of years and can be found in most soothing lotions, soaps, and bath mixtures today.
Check out my video below on how to make a very simple but very effective oatmeal face mask using just 4 ingredients!
What You’ll Need-
• 3 TB Powdered (ground) oatmeal
• 2-3 tsp strong green tea
• 1 tsp local raw honey
• 2-3 drops tea tree essential oil or essential oil of your choice
• Grind your rolled oats (this is important because you want the oatmeal to be as absorbant as possible!)
• Mix in the warm tea
• Add in the honey and mash the ingredients until gooey
• Add your essential oil and stir
• Apply to freshly cleansed skin in an even layer
• Leave on the oatmeal mask for 20 min. or until dry
• Rinse with warm water (you can exfoliate while rinsing)
• Pat dry, and apply your oils or natural moisturizer if desired
You can use this mask a few times per week. It tightens pores and reduces oiliness after the first application. I love this simple oatmeal face mask and use it as an exfoliant if I have any left over.
Here’s a link to my rice flour mask recipe.
Thanks for watching!
Love and Light,