Since the Summer Solstice it’s been getting rather toasty here in LA. The chilly June Gloomy mornings are beginning to get dry and hot and I’ve begun my twice a day watering routine for my little garden. Everything green is getting thirsty which reminds me that I am too! What better way to survive the summer than to sip on chilled, homemade Citrus Herbal Lemon Water?
Simple Nutrient Dense Citrus Herbal Lemon Water Recipe
Kick it up a Notch!
This recipe is easy and delicious! I recommend letting it “marinate” overnight so that you get a wonderful fruit infused water. Doing so allows the fresh herbs and citrus to make this drink extra tasty and thirst quenching. Really, this recipe could be considered a natural vitamin water you can make at home with all the benefits of lemon water.
This Lemon Water Will Provide:
• Long lasting hydration
• A smile (since it’s so delicious!)
Here’s How to Make it:
• 32 oz. spring water
• 1 whole orange sliced
• 1-2 whole lemons sliced
• 1 large pinch of fresh basil
• 1 large pinch of fresh mint
• A small pinch of high quality sea salt
Loving Preparation – Citrus Herbal Lemon Water
• Thinly slice the orange and lemons and add them to a large 32oz pitcher or jar.
• Bruise some fresh mint and basil and add them in. (I only had mint on hand this time)
• Throw in your small pinch of salt
• Fill the jar with fresh spring water and screw on the lid
• Give a good shake and put in the refrigerator overnight to chill and infuse with lemony orange-y goodness!
- • 32 oz. spring water
- • 1 whole orange sliced
- • 1-2 whole lemons sliced
- • 1 large pinch of fresh basil
- • 1 large pinch of fresh mint
- • A small pinch of high quality sea salt
- Thinly slice the orange and lemons and add them to a large 32oz pitcher or jar.
- Bruise some fresh mint and basil and add them in. (I only had mint on hand this time)
- Throw in your small pinch of salt
- Fill the jar with fresh spring water and screw on the lid
- Give a good shake and put in the refrigerator overnight to chill and infuse with lemony orange-y goodness!
Drink up upon waking to cleanse and flush toxins for a great start to your day and get things “moving” to keep you feeling energized for hours afterwards.
When it starts getting hot, sip on it throughout the day to stay cool, refreshed, and hydrated. try adding some peppermint hydrosol to make it even more cooling on a hot summer day!
Do you make your own customized lemon water? What other homemade vitamin water recipes sound good to you?
You may also enjoy reading:
Peach and Rose Summer Heat Elixir
The Perfect Summer Sangria
It’s Getting Hot! Time for Some Citrus Herbal Lemon Water
3 Delicious Iced Tea Recipes for Summer
Summer Heat Relief- Cooling Herbs
Freeze-Ease Workout Spray (AC in a Bottle!?)