This coconut custard cake is serious. Like coconut lover’s serious.
It’s soft, decadent, and juuuuust sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. Oh, and it’s simple to make. Like seriously easy. Seriously.
Sure, you can make it the old fashioned way with your trusty whisk or maybe even a stand mixer. Me? I throw everything in a blender for a scant 10 seconds and call it a cake ready for baking. Easy right? I thought so too =)
Oh! And one more awesome thing about this custard cake is 1. It’s gluten-free (which makes my body thankful) and 2. It uses raw honey as a natural sweetener (which makes my complexion thankful). This cake doesn’t have a story behind it like most of my other recipes, it just tastes good and that’s all I really need for it to be worthy of sharing. Oh, and this is wonderful for picnics and family get-togethers too. WIN!
So, how do we make this delicious dessert? Let’s talk about ingredients!
How to Make Cinnamon Coconut Custard Cake
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract (learn how to make your own here) or the seeds of half a vanilla bean
- One good pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon + more for dusting
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil (where to get coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, maple syrup, or raw honey
- An optional handful of white chocolate chips (added halfway through baking)
Loving Preparation – Cinnamon Coconut Custard Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Throw all ingredients into a high speed blender minus the chocolate chips
- Pulse several times until the ingredients are almost smooth (especially if you like little bits of shredded coconut)
- Pour into an oiled cake pan. I used a 10 inch spring form cake pan greased with coconut oil
- Tap out the bubbles and bake for 35 minutes. You can sprinkle on some white chocolate chips if you like toward the end of baking so they won’t sink to the bottom of the pan and burn. This is optional, but sure is delicious! Feel free to use dairy free chocolate chips instead!
- Once you have sprinkled on the chocolate/checked on your custard cake, turn the heat down to 325 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it! It should be done when a knife comes out clean.
- Let it cool a bit before serving. It’s wonderful when served warm with a bit of coconut cream on top (which I sadly ran out of in order to make this cake *tear*)
- Dust with a bit of cinnamon to finish it off if you like
- Try not to eat it all
This cake has such a wonderful flavor and you won’t even know there’s 4 eggs in it! Super delicious and perfect for sharing with friends.
disclosure and disclaimer.