Just because you’re trying to get clear skin doesn’t mean you have to give up all of your favorite tasty snacks. There is always an alternative that tastes just as good if not better than the original recipe, and today’s healthy beer nut recipe is no exception.
The Super Bowl is coming up in just a few days and even though I don’t necessarily watch it, I LOVE the finger foods that the Super Bowl entails. My favorite, of course, are beer nuts but since I’m on the path to clear skin I won’t allow myself to eat the store-bought stuff. So what’s a girl to do? Make her own version of course!
This version of the classic beer nut is delicious and MUCH healthier than the original. It has that much loved sugary sweet taste with a hint of salt that really hits the spot. You’re going to have to hide these during game time or they might just disappear in the blink of an eye. They’re incredibly addicting!
Healthy Beer Nut Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 2 cups of almonds (or mixed nuts of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of coconut crystals (you can sub with your granulated sweetener of choice but I prefer coconut sugar since it’s low glycemic. I get mine HERE)
- 1/2-1 tsp celtic sea salt or regular sea salt (I buy mine in bulk here)
- 2 TB raw honey (I like this one)
- 2 TB spring water
- 2 tsp coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
Loving Preparation – Healthy Beer Nut Recipe
- Begin by roasting the almonds in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until browned and fragrant
- Set the roasted nuts aside and melt the coconut oil in a pan
- While the coconut oil is melting, mix together the honey and water until mixed well
- Add the honey and water mixture to the melted coconut oil
- Swirl around until mixed and heat until the syrup bubbles
- Add the almonds and saute on med heat until the syrup is absorbed by the nuts
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle over the coconut sugar and sea salt
- Mix until incorporated
- Pour back onto the baking sheet and let cool completely (next time I may try to dry these on a baking rack to remove excess syrup since they can get pretty sticky!)
- Transfer to a nice serving dish and enjoy!
These are great to serve at parties or even just eaten as a snack. I highly recommend them!
For more great Super Bowl Recipes check out this article: 107 HEALTHY SUPER BOWL RECIPES
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.