Since the Summer Solstice, it’s been getting rather toasty here in LA. The chilly June Gloomy mornings are beginning to get dry and hot and I’ve begun my twice a day watering routine for my little garden. Everything green is getting thirsty which reminds me that I am too! What better way to survive the summer than to sip on chilled, homemade Citrus Herbal Lemon Water?
I have always loved adding different herbs and fruits to my water to help infuse them with tasty flavor. It also helps me stay hydrated since I don’t enjoy drinking just plain water.
This recipe is so refreshing on a hot summer day and I always keep a big pitcher of it in the fridge.
Simple Nutrient Dense Citrus Herbal Lemon Water Recipe
This recipe is easy and delicious! I recommend letting it “marinate” overnight so that you get a wonderful fruit infused water with undertones of mint and fresh basil. Doing so allows the fresh herbs and citrus to make this drink extra tasty and thirst quenching. Really, this recipe could be considered a natural vitamin water you can make at home with all the benefits of lemon water.
This Lemon Water Will Provide:
• Long lasting hydration
• A smile (since it’s so delicious!)
Here’s How to Make it:
• 32 oz. spring water
• 1 whole orange sliced (remove the peel)
• 1-2 whole lemons sliced (remove the peel)
• 1 large pinch of fresh basil
• 1 large pinch of fresh mint
• A small pinch of high-quality sea salt
• The juice of two whole oranges and one whole lemon, strained
Loving Preparation – Citrus Herbal Lemon Water
• Thinly slice the orange and lemons, remove the peels as much as possible (these have a bitter flavor) and add them to a large 32oz pitcher or jar.
• Bruise some fresh mint and basil and add it in.
• Throw in your small pinch of salt
• Add the juice from the oranges and lemon
• Fill the jar with fresh spring water and screw on the lid
• Give a good shake and put in the refrigerator overnight to chill and infuse with lemony orange-y goodness!
Drink up upon waking to cleanse and flush toxins for a great start to your day and get things “moving” to keep you feeling energized for hours afterward.
When it starts getting hot, sip on it throughout the day to stay cool, refreshed, and hydrated. try adding some peppermint hydrosol to make it even more cooling on a hot summer day!
Do you make your own customized lemon water? What other homemade vitamin water recipes sound good to you?
You may also enjoy reading:
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.