Tea has been my absolute obsession for the last 8 years since my first authentic cup of green tea my first night in Japan. I had never even thought of tea before that moment, but when I took that first sip, I knew I was hooked.
Green tea was my go to tea for the 3 years I lived in Gifu Prefecture, and it still is in many ways. It was only when I returned home to the States that I realized just how many forms, flavors and colors of tea there was to offer. More than I could have ever imagined! Yet out of them all, and I’ve tried quite a lot, there is but one tea I can truly call my favorite: Double Earl Grey.
Earl Grey itself is full bodied, robust, and extraordinarily rich yet somehow refreshing at the same time. Its refined notes of tart orange and floral lavender make it an aromatic and relaxing tea. I love Earl Grey tea so much I even diffuse bergamot essential oil in my house when the boyfriend isn’t home (he doesn’t like the smell of bergamot…I know right!?).
Now imagine doubling all that awesome-osity! You’ve got yourself an amazing cup of tea. But wait! I’m not finished yet because I can make this tea even better. Not possible? Oh, I think it is…
How to Make Sweet Rose London Fog Tea
• A scant mugful of strongly brewed Double Earl Grey tea (double works best but if you haven’t got any, try brewing 2 bags of Earl Grey instead)
• A small piece of fresh vanilla bean, vanilla paste, or a small splash of vanilla extract
• Heavy cream of your choice, about an 1/8 cup
• 1/2 -1 TB rose petal infused honey OR ½ tsp of rose water with ½-1 TB of regular raw honey
Loving Preparation – Sweet Rose London Fog
• Steep the Double Earl Grey in your mug of choice until it’s nice and strong, about 4 minutes
• Pour the tea into a high powered blender
• While running the blender, slowly add the cream, the piece of vanilla bean (or extract), the honey and the rose water if you’re using it. You can also use ROSE INFUSED honey!
• Blend until nice and frothy
• Pour into a nice big mug and enjoy rose sweetened bliss!
[yumprint-recipe id=’44’]This tea is sooooo good, especially if you top it with fresh whipped cream. I like to make this tea in the afternoon when I’m getting ready to relax after a long day. It’s the perfect pick-me-up and oh so delicious. I hope you give it a try!
Did you know that you can make your own Earl Grey tea using essential oils? Learn how to make it HERE.disclosure and disclaimer.