Skin Whitening Face and Body Scrub
It’s easy to splurge on fancy exfoliating face and body scrubs but it’s just as easy to make your own. The nice thing about making your own is it works just as well, is all natural, and you can make a lot of it for pennies on the dollar.
This basic recipe calls for a few tried and true ingredients that help exfoliate, soften, whiten, and brighten the skin. You can customize it however you like too since there are a number of interchangeable natural ingredients you can use to lighten skin tone. You can use this scrub as is or add essential oils, herbs, or fancy oils to make it your own unique blend.
How to Make a Skin Whitening Face and Body Scrub
It’s about 15 weeks until my wedding day and I have terrible tan lines. I don’t normally spend a lot of time in the sun, but this last summer was really hot and the beach sounded like a great way to stay cool. My skin is pretty fair and doesn’t take the sun very well even when wearing spf 50. After just two Saturdays at the beach I had some pretty noticeable tan lines from my bikini top…not very flattering when you’re trying on wedding dresses.
So now I have some tan lines and… who am I kidding? A WHOLE tan that needs to go! I just doesn’t look good on me.
Insert awesome whitening face and body scrub HERE! After just a few uses I’m already seeing the tan slowly fade back to my ghosty self. Granted, the winter months certainly help too when trying to fade a tan but I just want to be absolutely sure it’s going to be gone by March.
This scrub is also great for moisturizing the skin while you’re in the shower. It slues off dead skin cells and reveals the fresh lighter skin underneath. I really love it because it’s worked so well!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
• A non-plastic container
• ½ cup Granulated sugar (any kind will do)
• 2 TB Raw honey
• 1-2 TB oil like olive, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, grapeseed etc.
• 2 TB Fresh lemon juice
• ½ TB Dried parsley
• 5 drops each of essential oils like lemon, bergamot, sandalwood, and galbanum
Loving Preparation- Whitening Face and Body Scrub
I love using this scrub every night in the shower but it your skin is really sensitive I would use it every couple days. Just remember to only use this scrub at night because it contains ingredients that make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- • A non-plastic container
- • ½ cup Granulated sugar (any kind will do)
- • 2 TB Raw honey
- • 1-2 TB oil like olive, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, grapeseed etc.
- • 2 TB Fresh lemon juice
- • ½ TB Dried parsley
- • 5 drops each of essential oils like lemon, bergamot, sandalwood, and galbanum
- Add all of the ingredients together and mix well
- Add more lemon juice, honey, sugar, or oil to make the scrub the consistency you like
- I love using this scrub every night in the shower but it your skin is really sensitive I would use it every couple days. Just remember to only use this scrub at night because it contains ingredients that make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Why These Ingredients Work
Lemon juice’s ability to lighten and brighten skin tone is well known around the world. It’s acidic quality also helps to remove dead skin cells revealing fresh skin underneath. It lightens freckles, brightens the complexion, and helps fade tan lines over time with consistent use.
Parsley is a strange ingredient to consider when thinking of whitening the skin but it works wonders! Not only is it great for lightening skin tone it is also great for reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation. Parsley also has a knack for healing blemishes and preventing acne breakouts which is a definite plus.
Adding citrusy essential oils to this scrub ups its whitening and brightening ability. My favorites include bergamot and lemon but you can also use lime, grapefruit, and orange to achieve a similar effect.
What have been your favorite skin whitening ingredients?
Here’s a couple more skin whitening face and body scrub recipes: