Over the years I have been on a journey to learn more about how to better support my body’s needs. Through extensive research, and even genetic testing and hair analysis, I have discovered allergies, intolerances, and deficiencies I had no idea existed. However, some reactions were a bit more obvious, I just didn’t know what the sources were.
A few months ago, I opted in for a hair analysis that would indicate whether or not I have certain environmental allergies. Lo’ and behold, I’m allergic dogs, grass, tree pollen, house dust, smoke, many strong fragrances (especially chemical based ones), and much more.
Unfortunately, I am exposed to each of these allergens on a daily basis. The next door neighbors smoke cigarettes, I own a dog, I live in Southern California which means there are tons of allergens in the air all year round, and my housemates use strong chemicals for cleaning, laundry, etc. On top of that, I also have asthma.
Needless to say, I have chronic allergies and breathing issues that prompted me to look into a solution for better air quality.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Using an Air Purifier
I had heard of the many health benefits of having a good air purifier in your home as they can definitely take the edge off of allergies and other respiratory conditions. Many studies have shown that air purifiers can significantly reduce harmful contaminates from the air like dust mites, airborne bacteria, mold and pollen spores, and pet dander. For sensitive individuals, young children, and the elderly, these harmful airborne particulates can increase common upper respiratory conditions and illnesses.
It is said that the air quality inside most homes and buildings are actually worse and more polluted than air conditions outside. One study discovered that a single home in Arizona had almost 590 airborne substances! These can be created by gas releasing material like mattresses, treated wood furniture, gas stoves, fireplaces, space heaters, chemicals used for cleaning, ionic appliances, and aerosol based beauty products. Other substances included general pollution like carbon monoxide from passerby traffic, pollen, spores, chemicals, dust, etc.
Using a HEPA air purifier will greatly reduce these indoor air pollutants.
I have had my Levoit Air Purifier for only a week and I can already feel such a huge difference, especially at night. Despite my best efforts to vacuum and dust regularly, my allergies would never go away completely especially since my husband and I own a dog and we live fairly close to the freeway. Spores in the air from pollinating trees and grasses are another allergen I had trouble dealing with on a daily basis.
In fact, I used to literally wake myself up sneezing because my allergies were so bad. However, since using an air purifier, I haven’t had a single issue while asleep. It’s been amazing!
Here’s what having an air purifier in your home can do for your health:
1. Control unwanted odors in the home like smoke, lingering cooking smells, pet odors (especially great for cat box odors), kitchen garbage odors, etc.
2. Filters mold spores out of the air – It is known that mold can be extremely detrimental to your health and can aggravate respiratory conditions like asthma, sinusitis, and hay fever. Mold is also dangerous for those with compromised immune systems or those who suffer from more serious respiratory conditions like COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and pneumonia.
3. Removes other asthma and allergen triggers from the air like dry skin cells, second-hand smoke, asbestos particles, radon gas, fumes, volatile organic compounds, and other pollutants.
4. Having a true HEPA filter air purifier does not produce ozone as a biproduct like Ionic air cleaners do. Ozone is a known lung irritant that causes coughing, shortness of breath, chest pain, irritated throat and sinuses, and can exacerbate existing lung ailments like asthma and allergies. HEPA filters actually remove allergens and impurities while Ionic air cleaners only cause particles to drop from the air onto their surroundings which means that the allergens are not actually removed from the environment.
In essence, a good air purifier can keep the air indoors much cleaner and healthier to breathe no matter if you have preexisting respiratory conditions or not. Having both asthma and allergies, I can say with considerable reassurance that I have thoroughly enjoyed the benefits of my Levoit Air Purifier.
Here’s what the Levoit Air Purifier can do:
1. It has TRUE HEPA technology meaning that it eliminates up to 99.97% of dust, mold spores, odors, pet dander, pollen, and smoke particles as small as .3 microns.
2. Can alleviate allergies and nasal stuffiness caused by allergens in the air.
3. Has a 3-stage filtration system that includes a HEPA filter, a fine preliminary filter, and an activated carbon filter which reduces allergens, pet odors, smoke, and cooking smells from the home.
4. Has a 3-speed fan – high, medium, and low.
5. Operates quietly – even while sleeping at night!
6. Includes a nightlight function with two brightness settings.
7. Covers up to 86 square feet.
8. Releases no harmful substances or ozone (which unfortunately, many air purifiers, especially ionic versions, do).
9. Compact and sleek in appearance.
WIN Your Own Levoit Air Purifier! (CLOSED!!!)
Yep! I have been so satisfied with my Levoit Air Purifier that I wanted to give you the chance to WIN one for yourself!
Please enter below. The winner will be selected on July 1st at 12am PST.
The winner will have 24 hours to claim their prize in the comments section below!
You may also enjoy reading:
How to Naturally Treat Seasonal Allergies
Natural Remedies for Asthma
Herbal Remedies for Dry Sinus
Essential Oils for Treating Hay Fever Naturally
SOS Allergy Nasal Inhaler
Seasonal Allergy Blend – Three Different Ways!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.