This stuff is the bomb dot com. Fo’ reals. It has literally saved my life the past two weeks because I’ll let you in on a little secret- wedding planning is no walk in the park my friends. My fiancé and I passed the one year engagement mark on September 6th and have nothing to show for it. No venue picked out, no guest list jotted down, no clear idea of what kind of wedding we wanted. But ya know, the honeymoon has been booked for 10 months no sweat and it’s booked for mid-April so we kinda HAVE to get married before then. That was the easy part.
In the past two weeks, we’ve tried looking for small venues, large venues, and everything from backyard ceremonies to the kind of weddings you dream about as a child- with-no-luck. The stress of trying to figure this whole wedding thing out has been why I’ve been MIA for a few weeks because MAN- this stuff wipes you out hardcore. To top it all off my fiancé and I are both indecisive- like really indecisive.
All of this has led to mushy brain cells and no energy to cook much of anything- except this amazing creamy cheesy vegan sauce recipe. It’s so simple you hardly need to use any thinking power to make it. Perfect! And such a life saver.
This sauce has healthy fats that will keep you going for hours. Use it to top your favorite things like rice, whole grains, beans, greens, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, veggies, over nachos, and on sandwiches. Put it on anything that needs that cheesy flavor. You can even eat this as a soup if you add coconut milk to tame the bold flavor. It’s really good on practically everything. Did I mention that it’s ridiculously easy to make?
Creamy Cheesy Vegan Sauce Recipe
Here’s what you’re going to need to make the basic sauce:
• 2 yukon gold potatoes (these make it really creamy so try to get this variety if you can)
• 1 good carrot
• ½ a yellow onion
• 1 large clove of garlic
• 1 tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
I also added:
Other optional additions:
• Delicious spices like chipotle, paprika, cumin, or turmeric
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Coconut cream
• Cashews (soaked overnight then drained)
• Lemon juice
• Dijon mustard
• A dash of hot sauce like sriracha
• Toasted nuts like sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds
Loving Preparation- Creamy Cheesy Vegan Sauce
1. Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil
2. While you’re waiting, peel and chop the potatoes, carrot, and onion into chunks
3. When the water comes to a boil very carefully add them to the pot and cook until just fork tender (don’t throw out that broth!)
4. Scoop out the potatoes, carrot, and onion and put them in a blender (I used this blender)
5. Next add 1 cup of the broth, the salt and pepper, miso, garlic, walnuts, nutritional yeast, and a dash of cayenne
6. Blend until smooth and creamy
At this point, taste the sauce. If should have bold flavor and taste very savory. Adjust the seasoning to your liking and use it to top all your favorite foods. If the sauce is too thick add small amounts of broth until you get the consistency you desire.
[yumprint-recipe id=’110′]Best stuff evar! I hope you enjoy 🙂
Want more where this came from? Check out this list of recipes and the video below!
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.