This is one of my favorite DIY deodorants that boasts a lovely citrusy-woodsy-green aroma that fights odor-causing bacteria, tones and tightens the sweat glands, and leaves you feeling fresh and clean. Keep it in a small spritzer bottle for quick, easy application when you feel like freshening up!
This recipe is so versatile and so easy to make. You can substitute almost any aromatic herb (think thyme, rosemary, rose, orange peel, chamomile…etc!) for any of the ingredients. It’s all up to you, so get creative!
Homemade Herbal Deodorant Spray Recipe
For this homemade herbal deodorant, you will need:
• ¼ cup fresh or dried garden sage (mince fresh herbs if desired)
• ¼ cup fresh or dried lavender flower
• ¼ cup fresh or dried white ceremonial sage
• The rind of half an organic lemon, sliced
• 30 drops lemon essential oil
• 30 drops lavender essential oil
• 15 drops sage essential oil
• ½ tsp vegetable glycerin (optional)
I chose sage, lemon, and lavender for their powerful anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and odor-fighting qualities. This deodorant is astringent and refreshing.
Loving Preparation – Herbal Deodorant
• If you’re using fresh ingredients, mince them to make allow for complete maceration. I left mine whole for a prettier picture, but really, the end result will be the same so feel free to toss them in.
• After placing the herbs into the jar of choice, slice your lemon rind and toss it in.
• Top off the jar with 80 proof vodka, cap tightly, and shake daily for a few seconds for 4 weeks.
• Once 4 weeks have passed, it’s now time to strain your marc (the herbs). Pour the concoction over a coffee filter or fine mesh strainer into a clean mason jar. Be sure to squeeze the herbs as you do this.
• Now add the ½ tsp of glycerin and all of the essential oils (you can choose whichever essentials oils you like for this recipe).
• Cap tightly and shake vigorously for a good 30 seconds.
• Get your little spray bottles ready and use a funnel to carefully fill each one with your homemade herbal deodorant.
• Cap, label, and store in a cool dark cabinet.
How to use Your New Herbal Deodorant
• Shake well and spritz onto clean, dry underarms. You can use a cotton ball or pad to apply it as well.
• Allow the deodorant to dry before dressing to ensure it stays where it’s supposed to.
• Enjoy odor free underarms!!
Feeling lazy? Check out this alternative! It’s all natural and kind of amazing!
You may also enjoy reading:
Four Thieves Coconut Oil Deodorant
Homemade Mineral Salt Deodorant Spray
Homemade Deodorant with Tangerine and Geranium
Homemade Probiotic Deodorant Cream
Apple Cider Vinegar Deodorant and Dusting Powder
DIY Non-Toxic Anti-Sweat Deodorant Recipe
Black Spruce and Lavender Deodorant Spray
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.