Keeping my skin healthy, supple and radiant is always at the top of my facial care to do list. Every morning and night I follow a set routine to keep the ever feared premature aging at bay!
Now that I’m in my late twenties, it’s more important than ever to have a tried and true serum on hand to smooth out existing fine lines, prevent new ones from forming, and to keep my skin as elastic as possible.
One of my favorite serum recipes includes the use of some pretty amazing essential oils that help balance and regenerate the skin while also protecting it from the signs of aging.
Rejuvenating Rosehip Facial Serum
Serums are wonderful for the skin because they nourish the skin at a deep cellular level. The recipe I’m about to share with you is rich and healing, perfect for dry, irritated, damaged skin. The oils used are known to prevent and smooth out wrinkles, scar tissue, and stretch marks with consistent use….and believe me, you’re going to WANT to use this serum every day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• ½ oz Rosehip Seed Oil
• ½ oz Jojoba Oil
• ¼ tsp Pure Vitamin E Oil
• 10 drops Lavender essential oil
• 3 drops Helichrysum essential oil
• 2 drops Carrot Seed essential oil (this is a must!)
• 1 oz cobalt blue or amber colored dropper bottle
Loving Preparation – Rejuvenating Rosehip Facial Serum
• Add the essential oils to the dropper bottle first
• Then add the Vitamin E Oil
• Next, add the rosehip and jojoba oil to the bottle
• Cap tightly and ROLL the bottle in your hands to mix (you don’t want to shake the bottle because air bubbles can create rancidity)
• Use daily for best results!
- • ½ oz Rosehip Seed Oil
- • ½ oz Jojoba Oil
- • ¼ tsp Pure Vitamin E Oil
- • 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- • 3 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- • 2 drops Carrot Seed essential oil (this is a must!)
- • 1 oz cobalt blue or amber colored dropper bottle
- • Add the essential oils to the dropper bottle first
- • Then add the Vitamin E Oil
- • Next, add the rosehip and jojoba oil to the bottle
- • Cap tightly and ROLL the bottle in your hands to mix (you don’t want to shake the bottle because air bubbles can create rancidity)
- • Use daily for best results!
Why These Ingredients Work
Rosehip Seed Oil
High in linoleic and linolenic acids, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A, Rosehip Seed Oil is one of the best rejuvenators for the skin and has been found to regenerate tissue and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, scars, age spots, sun damage, and stretch marks. Rosehip seed oil also helps prevent premature aging and is deeply moisturizing without feeling oily.
This facial oil is well tolerated by most skin types, even for acne-prone and sensitive skin, and is wonderful to use in serum recipes. Jojoba Oil also doesn’t clog your pores and moisturizes well.You can switch out these oils with whichever oils suit your skin type best.
Vitamin E Oil
Known for its ability to improve the texture of skin, Pure Vitamin E Oil also boasts a number of other benefits like:
• Treats hyperpigmentation
• Deeply moisturizes
• Reduces scar tissue
Lavender Essential Oil
One of my favorite essential oils, Lavender is calming and soothing not only to the skin but also for your senses. It is great for reducing redness, inflammation, and the healing of cuts, scrapes, and scars.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
You can just call this oil rejuvenation in a bottle! Helichrysum, aka Immortel and Everlasting, is known for its restorative properties and near impeccable defense against harmful free radicals. It’s also very calming and soothing for the skin.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil-
One of the best oils anyone can use for rashes, hyperpigmentation, and other discolorations is carrot seed essential oil. Its aroma also instills a sense of calm so it’s really good for anxiety and stress.
For more great Serum Recipes, check out the articles below:
disclosure and disclaimer.