Today I want to share with you guys a really awesome and super simple deep moisturizing treatment recipe that is packed with moisturizing goodness, and who doesn’t need that this time of year?
If your skin feels dry, tight, flaky, looks dull, or just needs some smoothing out, this is the perfect mask for you! It works well for all skin types and conditions (even eczema and psoriasis!) and is made with just 2 wholesome ingredients.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Super Easy DIY Deep Moisturizing Treatment
• ½ a ripe avocado
• 2 TB raw local honey
Loving Preparation – Deep Moisturizing Treatment
• All you have to do is mash up everything nice and smooth with a fork or even better, this little blender
• Once everything is smooth, simply apply it in an even layer all over your face and neck or any other dried out areas like elbows and knees.
• Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly will cool water
• Follow with a spritz of rose water and a few drops of your favorite facial oil (this is my favorite atm. You can learn how to make your own rose water here.)
• That’s it! You’re done! Doesn’t your skin feel awesome??
Use as often as you like! I do this at least twice a week for best results.
- Super Easy DIY Deep Moisturizing Treatment Ingredients
- • ½ a ripe avocado
- • 2 TB raw local honey
- Loving Preparation
- • All you have to do is mash up everything nice and smooth with a fork or even better, this little blender
- • Once everything is smooth, simply apply it in an even layer all over your face and neck or any other dried out areas like elbows and knees.
- • Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly will cool water
- • Follow with a spritz of rose water and a few drops of your favorite facial oil (this is my favorite atm)
- • That’s it! You’re done! Doesn’t your skin feel awesome??
- Use as often as you like! I do this at least twice a week for best results.
The Benefits of Avocado
Avocado is rich in vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants that will help your skin lock in moisture and improve its appearance and texture from the inside out. But that’s not all. Avocados are also great sources of:
Monosaturated Fatty Acids- Omega 9
One of the main reasons that avocado is so great for moisturizing the skin is because of its high levels of oleic acid. This fatty acid is able to regenerate damaged skin cells, reduce redness and irritation, as well as maintain moisture in the epidermal layer.
Vitamin C is highly antioxidant and assists in the creation of elastin and collagen which keeps things nice and firm. Since avocado is high in Vitamin C, using it on the outside as well as eating it will nourish your skin and improve its appearance and texture.
The Vitamin E found in avocados is great for preventing free radical damage keeping your skin looking young, smooth, and fresh.
Avocados are a great source of antioxidant carotenoids like Lutein, Cryptoxanthin, Zeoxanthin, Beta Carotene, and Alpha Carotene which provide significant protection against free radicals and other environmental damage that leads to fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and other visible signs of aging.
Upping your topical and internal use of avocado will improve your skin’s tone, texture, and general appearance.
The Benefits of Raw Honey
Raw Honey is naturally antibacterial, rich in antioxidants, and is extremely moisturizing and clarifying for the pores.
It’s great to use against acne causing bacteria as well as maintaining or regaining your youthful smooth-ness and glow. Honey is able to do this because of its ability to absorb well into the skin leaving even exhausted looking skin fresh, well hydrated, and supple.
Dry Skin Version of the Deep Moisturizing Treatment
If you have REALLY dry skin and are in need of a little extra kick than what avocado and honey alone have to offer, I highly recommend adding 1 TB of papaya to the recipe.
Oily Skin Version of the Deep Moisturizing Treatment
For especially oily and acneic skin types, try adding 1 TB of pure aloe vera gel to the recipe.
I hope you enjoy using this recipe! I just know you’ll like it! =)
For more awesome body care recipes using avocado, please check out these articles:
Nourishing Avocado Hair Mask – The Sprouting Seed
Why Avocados are the Most Unique Antiaging Food
Cause and Effect – Avocados for Your Skin –
The Amazing Health Benefits of Avocados – A True Super-food …
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.