When winter weather has your skin thirsting for long-lasting moisture, there’s no better way to slake it than with a luxurious sugar scrub that sloughs away dry skin and seals in hydration.
Today’s sugar scrub recipe fits the bill perfectly and is scented using one of Plant Therapy’s exclusive essential oil blends – Cherry Cordial.
This amazing blend smells just like the cherry cordial chocolates you find in popular Valentine’s Day gifts and lends itself quite well to various body care recipes.
The blend contains the following essential oils and extracts:
- Balsam copaiba
- Vanilla fruit extract
- Cocoa seed extract
- Vanilla fruit oil
- Coffee seed oil
- Bitter almond kernel oil
- Cognac oil
- Massoia bark oil
So far, I’ve made a lip balm, and this whipped DIY sugar scrub using the blend and have been very pleased with the results. It’s the perfect scent for the month of February!
If you’re interested in picking up cherry cordial for yourself, there’s still time to join the Oil of the Month club and get it before February is over! You can sign up here.
Cherry Cordial Sugar Scrub Recipe for Deliciously Hydrated Skin
This sugar scrub recipe is slightly more involved than your typical quick and simple carrier oil and sugar mixture. It uses emulsifying wax to help create a “whipped” consistency without having that draggy feel that beeswax can give to products of this nature.
Instead, this homemade sugar scrub glides onto the skin and sinks into it like a lotion or body milk and is quite lovely to use while soaking in the tub, if I do say so myself!
Here’s what you need to make 4 oz of cherry cordial sugar scrub:
- One 4 oz container for storage, preferably one that isn’t glass
- An accurate kitchen scale
- A Pyrex measuring cup
- A spatula
- A kitchen mixer or hand mixer for whipping
- 7 grams of shea butter
- 7 grams of mango butter
- 15 grams of emulsifying wax
- 52 grams of sweet almond oil (or carrier oil of choice)
- 104 grams of granulated sugar
- 15 drops cherry cordial essential oil blend
Loving Preparation – Cherry Cordial Sugar Scrub Recipe
Be sure to read everything below before beginning in order to get the correct consistency.
1. Begin by bringing 1 inch of water to a gentle simmer in a saucepan.
3. In another dish, measure out the sugar and set aside.
4. Get your kitchen mixer ready.
5. Once the oils, wax, and butters have melted thoroughly, remove the Pyrex from the heat, wipe the bottom with a kitchen towel, and set it on the counter.
6. Shake the cherry cordial blend thoroughly then add 15 drops to the melted ingredients.
7. Start the kitchen mixer to medium-high and add in the melted ingredients and slowly add the sugar.
8. Cream the ingredients together for a moment, then put the whole mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
9. Remove after 20 minutes and “cream” the ingredients again. Repeat the process of freezing and mixing until you get a fluffy consistency.
10. Use a spatula to dollop the whipped sugar scrub into the 4 oz container.
This sugar scrub is a dream to use! Simply scoop out the desired amount into your hand and massage it into wet skin.
It will help buff away rough patches and seal in much-needed hydration all while smelling like delicious cherry cordial chocolates.
All you need are some candles, a good book or podcast, and a glass of sparkling red.
What have been your favorite homemade body scrub recipes? Please share them in the comments below!
You may also enjoy reading:
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.