Winter is my favorite time of year to make and use homemade body scrubs. They’re perfect for revitalizing dull skin, are incredibly moisturizing, and as is the case with today’s body scrub recipe, invigorating for the circulatory system.
This scrub is so easy you might wonder if it’s truly a recipe at all! I was watching my sister-in-law make a few cute little jars of this stuff in just a few minutes and I just KNEW I needed to share it. Christmas is coming up and there couldn’t be an easier or more delicious smelling gift to make last minute. Don’t worry, whoever receives this gift will love it!
Invigorating Coffee and Coconut Body Scrub
To make this insanely easy coffee and coconut body scrub, you will need:
• Coffee that is either freshly ground or used coffee grounds (if you’re using used coffee grounds, you must first dry them completely before using them in this recipe or mold may grow in the final product. To do this, just spread the used grounds on some parchment paper, a baking sheet, or on paper towels until completely dry.)
• Coconut oil (if you don’t like the smell of coconut but still want the amazing moisturizing properties, go for refined coconut oil.)
• A decorative container (my sister-in-law used jars like these)
Loving Preparation – Coffee and Coconut Body Scrub Recipe
1. Begin by warming the coconut oil in a hot water bath to make it easy to mix into the coffee grounds.
2. Next, you’ll want to determine how much your decorative container holds. If it holds 1 cup, you will need a half cup of ground coffee and a half cup of coconut oil for this scrub to have the right consistency.
3. Measure out the needed amounts of coffee grounds (fresh or used) and coconut oil into a large bowl.
4. Mix until well combined, then fill your decorative containers with the scrub.
Finely ground coffee yields a delightful body scrub that smooths skin, boosts circulation, and would you believe it, combats cellulite due to its caffeine content! You can of course, opt for a courser grind as well for more intense scrubbing power. You can get a nifty little coffee grinder here.
Regardless of what grind you decide to use, this scrub will tighten and firm the skin with regular use.
Use a clean utensil to scoop out the desired amount of scrub and apply in circular motions over wet skin. Try not to get water into the scrub as it will grow mold in the product. Concentrate on elbows, knees, and other dry areas as well as cellulite to help break it down over time. Not only is the scrub itself invigorating the aroma is sure to lift your spirits and awaken a cloudy mind!
If water is kept out of the scrub, it will stay fresh for a few months.
You can add sugar, essential oils, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, cinnamon, sweet almond oil, or even salt to this recipe for different scents and properties. For example, sugar is moisturizing while salt is cleansing (yet drying). Essential oils can boost this scrubs effectiveness and can add a whole slough of neat benefits! Try adding frankincense for illustrious and beautiful skin. You can even infuse your coconut oil with healing herbs like rose petals, calendula, or lavender flowers.
What are your favorite simple body scrub recipes? Please share below!
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.