If there’s one thing worse than blemishes, it’s the hyperpigmentation that ensues soon after. I don’t know about you, but when I get acne breakouts, even if I don’t touch them hardly at all, they leave dark red spots behind that can last months at a time, sometimes even longer.
Now, I’ve spoken about ways to treat and prevent these red marks before, but sometimes you want something you can make once that’s effective and will last a few weeks. That’s where this nifty, handy dandy little serum comes in. Not only does it support and nourish your skin, it will also fade those pesky marks AND help prevent scarring.
What also cool is this serum will even PREVENT acne, so what’s not to love?
So here we go…
Homemade Serum for Acne Prone Skin
Ingredients You Will Need:
Loving Preparation – Serum for Acne Prone Skin
1. Pour the rosehip oil through a small metal funnel into a glass dropper bottle.
2. Remove the funnel and add the essential oils one by one very carefully.
3. Once added, cap the dropper bottle tightly and then ROLL the bottle between your palms for a few seconds. NEVER shake the bottle or you will subject your serum to oxidation which will make your serum go rancid much faster.
4. Before each use, gently roll the bottle between your palms then apply 2-3 drops of serum to your face and neck. (This works best if your skin is still damp so I love spritzing my face with rose water before applying.)
5. Use day and night on clean skin.
Why These Ingredients Work
An incredibly balancing and healing oil; rosehip oil also provides the skin a very absorbable form of vitamin C as well as several antioxidants and anti-aging properties. It deeply moisturizes the skin without feeling heavy or greasy and does not leave a sheen on the skin when used with a hydrosol like rose water.
Rosehip oil is also well tolerated by those with acne prone and sensitive skin types.
Lavender Essential Oil
Not only is lavender essential oil calming, it is also very soothing for skin types that are easily irritated or tend to be inflamed. It is known to fight redness and reduces the appearance and formation of scars.
Frankincense Essential Oil
One of the most restorative oils; frankincense has the ability to prevent and heal blemishes, scars, and hyperpigmentation caused by acne. You can read more about how to get rid of hyperpigmentation here.
Copaiba Essential Oil
This essential oil is known to amplify any essential oil you pair it with so I love to add it to skincare recipes.
Just getting started with essential oils?
You can also read the Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils HERE.
What has been your favorite serum for acne prone skin?
More Skincare Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.