Who doesn’t love a decadent ice cream? I know I do!
It’s sad that most of us feel guilty after eating dessert…but why?? WHY IS THAT!? Dessert should be enjoyable, nourishing, AND delicious at the same time so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating it. Is there a way around the guilt? YES! Making raw versions of your favorite desserts is the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth without being unhealthy!
Today I want to share a really simple ice cream recipe (boyfriend approved!) made from real food ingredients. It’s smooth, creamy, and has a nice sweetness followed by a burst of fresh mint. The crunchiness of raw cacao nibs really makes this dish addictive, so be sure to fold in a good amount.
Unlike peppermint extract which can contain imitation or artificial ingredients, therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil is the pure and unadulterated essence of peppermint. Its flavor is really strong so you only need a few drops to achieve a delightful peppermint-y finish to your recipes.
How to Make Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 3 large frozen bananas, ripe ones are prefered
• ½ a vanilla bean
• 1 tsp matcha powder (I love this brand)
• ¼ cup coconut butter (this brand is great!)
• Small splash of coconut milk
• 5 drops therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil (you can get it here)
• ½ cup cacao nibs
• A small pinch of sea salt/himalayan salt
• 4 medjool dates (or 1-2 TB of grade B maple syrup/raw honey)
Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream- Loving Preparation
• Toss the bananas, matcha powder, vanilla bean (or vanilla paste), coconut butter, salt, dates, and coconut milk in a high speed blender.
• Blend until smooth. The ice cream should be the consistency of soft serve.
• Next, add in the 5 drops of peppermint essential oil and blend again for a few seconds
• Serve into ice cream dishes and fold in the cacao nibs and add your toppings of choice. I kept it simple!
[yumprint-recipe id=’36’]Not only is this raw mint chocolate chip ice cream made with real food ingredients, it’s also great for digestive health. Peppermint essential oil is known to sooth the digestive system by relieving gas and bloating, settling an upset stomach, and supporting general intestinal health. It also happens to taste amazing!
So what’s not to love?
Have you used therapeutic grade essential oils in your real food recipes?
For more great ice cream recipes, check out these articles:
Coconut Milk Ice Cream: Anti-stress Double Chocolate| Butter Nutrition
Mint Avocado Ice Cream
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream That’s Not As Hard As A Rock
Chocolate Chia Dairy Free Ice Cream
Simple Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Strawberry Coco-Banana Ice Cream
Two Ingredient Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.