There always comes a time when you really wish you had a spray to cover up bathroom smells whether it’s for yourself or someone else. NO ONE likes to poo at other people’s houses when they’re visiting. It’s just plain embarrassing.
Whether you’re throwing a party or going to one, you can now be prepared! This Poo-be-Gone spray works just as well as its touted predecessor “Poo-Pourri” and costs a fraction of the price.
No longer will anyone have to suffer the stench of the less than pleasant “peel the paint off the walls” poo smells that may emanate from the bathroom. No more holding your breath as you quickly try to pee because someone “paid their taxes”. No more holding it in at parties and get-togethers because you’re embarrassed to do your doody. We’re all saved! Hallelujah!
How Does Homemade Poo-be-Gone Bathroom Spray Work?
Essential oils my friends. They literally create a pleasantly smelling physical barrier on the water’s surface trapping the unpleasant smells beneath.
My favorite essential oil to use has been Purification; a blend containing Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaleuca, Lavender, and Myrtle. Honestly, this is the best blend I have come across for even the worst smells. It literally kills odors in their tracks. No more stinky trashcans, shoes, garbage disposals, wet dog smell, OR stinky poo. It’s the perfect poo pourri dupe recipe!
How to Make Your Own Poo-be-Gone Bathroom Spray
All you need is:
• An empty spray bottle (I used a 4 oz size)You can also use a plastic one if you prefer.
• Rubbing alcohol or 80 proof vodka (I like the vodka version better!)
• Essential oil of choice (I used Purification but you can use any fresh smelling essential oil you like)
• Distilled water
• A small funnel
• Measuring spoons
Loving Preparation “Poo-be-Gone” Bathroom Spray
***You can half the recipe below for a 2 oz or divide the mounts by 4 for a 1 oz size bottle. I used the biggest spray bottle I had on hand so the amounts below are for a 4 oz size.
• Add to the bottle 80 drops of essential oil
• Now add 1 TB of rubbing alcohol OR 80 proof vodka (this will allow the essential oil to mix with the water more easily)
• Next pour in the distilled water until you have a little bit of space at the top to allow for good mixing
• Cap tightly and place it near the toilet for easy use
How to Use Homemade Poo-be-Gone Spray
• Vigorously shake the mixture until it turns cloudy
• Spray the toilet water in the bowl with about 5 or 6 sprays. Of course, use more if you feel the need.
• Do your business as normal and flush
Hey! Did you notice that? No icky smells!
What Other Essential Oil Blends Can I Use?
There is a lot of wiggle room for a spray like this as far as choosing essential oils. I personally find that as long as you use enough essential oil in the recipe, you can use any scent you like.
Some of my favorite essential oils to use are:
Don’t forget to check out my new version of this recipe HERE. It has more solubility and creates a better “film” in the toilet bowl for extra odor fighting goodness.
Check out my article below for another great homemade room spray recipe:
Have you ever used the fabled Poo-Pourri? How did you like it?
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.