Have you ever brought home a new artisan facial clay, you know, the kind that’s lovingly milled or handcrafted? Maybe it’s even just a simple dry clay you picked up at the grocery store? All the same, these clays come dry and need some mixing by hand! Sometimes you can end up with less than desirable results that are clumpy and don’t blend (I’m talking about you bentonite clay!).
Well, THIS is a foolproof way to mix the perfect clay mask every time for smooth and thick application.
Also, note that you can use this method for all cosmetic clays. If the mixture turns out too dry, add a little more herbal tea or water to the mix, if it’s too runny, add more clay.
But just how do we mix clay properly since they can be a bit tricky? Check out my video below for my method for the perfect mix!
How to Mix Facial Clay For Best Results
Loving Preparation – Steps For Mixing Facial Clay
1. Pour the desired amount of clay into a small mixing bowl
2. Add a tiny amount of herbal tea, hydrosol, or spring water (don’t use water from the tap)
3. Start mixing the clay with your fan brush or other makeup brush
4. Mix until there are no clumps and the mixture is smooth and had a spreadable consistency
5. Apply to the face with the fan brush in an even layer
6. Let dry sit 20 minutes or until completely dry
You can use this method for:
- Bentonite Clay – an amazing clay for acne-prone skin and oily skin types
- French Green Clay – a wonderful mid-range clay that sucks up impurities without overdrying the skin
- Kaolin Clay – the perfect clay for sensitive skin types
- Rhassoul Clay – the best clay for drying up and removing blackheads
Be sure to watch my video tutorial below:
Mixing clay like this will guarantee that it mixes with the water completely. You can even apply the clay with the brush to get an even layer of application. Since doing this the first time, it’s now my favorite method to apply facial clay!
Have you ever mixed clay this way?
You may also enjoy reading:
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read my full disclosure and disclaimer.